Rates & Insurance
30 minute phone consultation: Free
45 minute Counseling Session (Individual adults only): $125.00
90 minute Counseling Session -$175.00
Intensive 3 hour block-$350- Very limited availability.
Telehealth Behavioral Session are the same rates as in-person sessions.
Other Court Fees and Paperwork Fees are clearly listed in intake paperwork.
Bruised Not Broken Counseling does not work directly with insurance companies. If you would like, your therapist will provide you with a statement showing the dates of counseling sessions and the amount you paid for services, as well as a clinical diagnosis, which is what your insurance company requires in order to reimburse you for mental health services by out-of-network providers. Many clients can be reimbursed at least a portion of counseling by their insurance company by turning in a receipt of their visit, otherwise known as a “super bill.” Some clients may not receive any reimbursement of fees depending on their insurance plan. Being reimbursed the full counseling fee is rare for most clients. We desire to be very upfront with our clients concerning fees and expectations of reimbursement. Please confirm the potential for reimbursement from your insurance carrier to understand clearly what their provisions are for out-of-network coverage. The rate of reimbursement varies from carrier to carrier.
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment on my site. I also accept payment via Venmo.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session. Of course unexpected illnesses or medical emergencies will be an exception to this policy.
Good Faith Estimate
- You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises
- If Bruised Not Broken Counseling Services agrees to meet with you for an intake session, you will be required to read and complete “Intake Assessment Paperwork” which contains HIPPA notifications, Safety Consents and Awareness statements, other safety information as well as other important information. In that same paperwork you will find a detailed list of all services rendered for counseling clients and the associated fees with each service are clearly stated for you. You will not be asked or expected to do any other services unless you request, your therapist may make you aware of longer sessions but those are only options for treatment and you will be in no way pressured for other services or surprised by any fees. By the 3rd or 4th session we will discuss your treatment plan with a detailed Good Faith Estimate based upon your counselor’s clinical recommendations in combination with the frequency of services (weekly or bimonthly) you select. No one likes negative surprises and we feel that unexpected bills are a negative surprises. If our fees for services increase from one year to the next and you a current client at that time, we will provide you will at least 2 months notice of any fee increase. If you cannot afford the increase, we would be willing to discuss options with you.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!