Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life?
Does it feel like you cannot control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, my practice offers evidence-based treatment to get you the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears. I can teach you how to relax and learn to view situations in a new, less frightening way as we strengthen your coping and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free 30 minute consultation.